Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on week 1

     I don't think there's anything that can affect my participation or experience in this class because I have a computer at home with internet access. If I didn't understand something at one point I always have my brother to help me, my neighbor who is an expert with computers and blogging, and of course a cellphone to contact my friends with anything I don't understand on the homework. If it ever had to do with staying after school or coming on weekends though, it'd be hard because I don't live near the school and it's difficult to get a ride.
     My awesome learning experience was way back in Jr. High. I went on a one week trip to Catalina Island with my classmates for a new and fun experience. I learned a lot about things that are around me, the ocean, and creatures living in it. We did many fun activities while there like night diving, kayaking, and disecting squids. It might seem like you can't really learn anything out of it, but you actually do. You're able to learn something new out of the smallest or non educational things too. This trip tought me how to truely work as a team. I used to be clueless because I was so used to working on my own. After this trip I realized that if you and your partner aren't on the same page then whatever you guys are trying to accomplish won't work or just won't be as successful.
      What I'm most excited about in this class is having the opportunity to try something new. I've never done class work on a blogger before and just the thought of it seems exciting. I'm kind of nervous though because maybe there will be a time when I don't know how to work something on my blogger. It'll make a big difference in my life though because now I'll know how to use the computer even more then I did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment