Tuesday, January 22, 2013

THEME FOR ENGLISH 3

Q:
  • Are you the person your teachers think you are?  
  • Can you be your real self as you pursue knowledge and find your place in the world?  
  • What elements of you do you have to check at the gate when you get to school? 
  • Do you have interests, talents or experiences that could add meaning to the class and enrich the learning experience for you and others?
  • What elements of you do you think is valued by school and the "powers-that-be"?  
  • What do you feel compelled to keep private?  
  • Is it possible for you to take ownership of your learning process and demonstrate what you know, or is your role in learning a function of authority and power relationships?

A: 
  • I'm not the person my teacher thinks I am. In reality, I'm not quiet and I'm not really that shy. I guess to the fact that I don't know the teacher so well, I don't feel very comfortable yet.
  • I'm not comfortable with expressing who I truly am to just everyone. I've learned how to interact more with others over the past few years and not be too shy about everything. So I guess later on I will be a little  more of myself to pursue knowledge and find a place in the world.
  • I'm unsure if I have any talents related to English that can add meaning to the class. Everyone has such great ideas in there that it's like wow. I just rahter be a part and do what I'm supposed to i guess.
  • The only thing that has ever worked in my favor when it comes to school is creativity. When I'm told to be creative on a project, I like to go all out. I feel really comfortable on just going all out and making things stand out and just overall be creative. 
  • I don't think forced to keep anything private. I'm not ashamed of who I am as a student and a person. I feel like I do pretty well in school and hopefully it stays that way. 
  • I think it's very possible for me to take ownership on what I've learned and how I've learned it as long as I'm able to choose the way to demonstrate it. Last semester I demonstrated what I learned in poetry by relating it to true life events and this semester I'd love to do the same or in those lines. The best way to learn in that class is by working with others and getting their opinion on things as well. Together you can combine a lot of great ideas and get one even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment